Timbavati Foundation Environmental School’s final activity
- As part of the environmental education program of the environmental school, learners are given projects to go back and implement at their schools. These projects include: Soil erosion control, indigenous plant propagation, general tidiness of the school, recycling and water saving.
The learners who have attended the environmental school recruit other learners at their schools and work together to get these projects done.
- We strongly believe that environmental education also involves participation, hence we engage all the schools in doing the projects in order to address local environmental issues.
- Projects are assessed and the schools that participated very well are rewarded with field trips to the Kruger National Park.
- This year our winning schools were: Madizi, Magwagwaza and Manyangana high schools (positions 3-5). They were taken to Satara environmental centre on day trips to learn more about taking care of the environment.
- Maphutaditshaba and Lethipele high schools (positions 1 and 2) were together taken to Skukuza on a three-day field trip. They learnt more about indigenous trees and alien plants at the skukuza indigenous plants nursery and alien biota.
“Changing the mind-set of the youth, promoting sustainable utilization of our natural resources, thus thinking for the future generation”
- Home /
- Alpha Index